Owl Theme Part 2: Cupcakes
For me these were my favourite part of the cake theme, so many cute owls surrounding the cake, and they were fun to make. They also ended up being a top favourite "how to" activity at my community hobby workshops last year.
|As seen on Cupcake Trends|
A couple of tips:
#1 Dry the wings, feet, and the body shape separately over night to ensure you don't get a buckle or bend in the wing shape.
#2 Ensure that you dry them on a flat surface.
Body & Wings- Circle Cutter (size according to your cupcake)
Eyes - Mini Circle Cutter, Small round piping tip
Beak & Feet - Mini Heart cutter
Feather Tummy emboss - Round piping tip
Optional - White edible paint to dot wings.
Whilst the fondant is still soft, use the edge of a piping tip to create semi circle shaped indents into the belly region to represent feather ruffles.
2. Cut out more circles in chosen wing colour, and cut out two crescents per circle.
3. The diagram shows how the crescents attach as wings once dry. #Optional use edible paint to dot the wings.
4. Cut out several Orange mini love hearts - I cut out loads and loads because I could not be bother counting, and besides, you can always use them for something else later.
5. For the eyes, cut out small white circles, I found my smallest circle cutter was still not small enough for the black of the eyes so I used a small round piping tip.
6. Once you have all these pieces, and they are dry, it's pretty straightforward looking at the picture to guide you how to glue it all together. But if you have any questions please ask away. I used CMC glue sparingly, to attach everything.
So there you have it! Part 2. My Do it yourself Owl Cupcake Toppers. They can be customised in any colour theme to suit your occasion. What do you think?
Share ♡ Inspire ♡ Motivate :: Home Bakers Doing it for Themselves.